Hapara’s New User Interface Continues With Enhancements
Countdown to Migrate by the March 31, 2015 Deadline!
In December, we announced our Open Beta to the new UI for Teacher Dashboard 2. In that announcement, we promised:
- a cleaner, faster interface with easier access to key features (SmartShare, Groups)
- more robust document copy/share capabilities: multiple files, multiple classes
- easier navigation between classes
- more flexible grouping of students within a class
- new “home” for Teacher Dashboard: teacherdashboard.com
Thanks to the all the teachers around the world who are as excited about Teacher Dashboard 2 as we are. The feedback is pouring in -- keep it coming! See below to discover if your feature requests have made it into the latest release!
The deadline to migrate to the new UI is March 31, 2015. If you haven’t started using Teacher Dashboard 2 - What’s stopping you!? :o) Take a test drive now - you’ll love it. Simply log in to your institutional Google account and go to www.teacherdashboard.com. It’s really that easy.
So, what have we been working on since the initial launch?
- Teachers are now able to use %F %L to put student names anywhere in a document file name in Teacher Dashboard 2 as was possible in Teacher Dashboard Classic. Teachers also have the option to select “Append Name” in Smart Share and the system will automatically add the student first and last names to the end of the document title.
- Teacher Dashboard 2 now has an internationalization framework built in and is now available in our first international language, French. We use your Google account setting for language to determine whether to show you English or French.
- The Manage Classes page now handles long class names elegantly, making the page much easier to read.
- The Classes drop-down menu in the top-left now shows up to 10 classes in alphabetical order so you can access more of your classes quickly.
- Some customers have multiple domains for their students (e.g., mydistrictEast.edu and mydistrictWest.edu). Teacher Dashboard 2 now works for those customers: a teacher can see all classes and students, even those in the other domains; admins from one domain can see classes and students from that domain, but not from others. (note: this does not cover customers that have multiple domains for teachers; nor teachers with gmail addresses)
- Customers can now drag and drop student panels, to re-arrange their dashboard as they want e.g. to group particular students together or move specific students to the top of the screen.
- When inspecting a student's gmail, it's useful to know which messages the student has read. Now unread email messages are displayed in bold in the gmail tab, as the original Teacher Dashboard did.
Tools have been developed for you to ensure a smooth roll-over by March 31.
- Teacher Communications. Thanks to Hank Thiele of Maine 207, we have included a draft teacher communications that you may use. If you have created something you’d like to share, we’d love to see it. Send it to email@example.com.
- Self Paced PD Site. This site has been developed for your teachers. It is chocked full of ideas on how to incorporate Teacher Dashboard 2 into the classroom. Teachers will find learning outcomes, video tutorials, reflections, and much more.
For more information on updates and bug fixes, please visit our Release Notes page.